Tuesday, May 21, 2013

♡ All About My Hair ♡

♡Messy Bun with Naturally Curly Hair♡



 Hi! So I haven't posted since my April Favorites and I still don't know what to blog about or how it works. So bear with me. Anywhoooo, I constantly get asked questions about my hair, and on my YouTube my most popular video is my hair routine so I thought I would make a quick blog about it, incase anyone was curious. :)

♡ About My Hair: I have naturally curly hair. Although, it doesn't look quite like it does in the pictures when left natural. My hair naturally has the 'beachy' look. So it's not naturally super curly. When I was little it was very curly, and it was basically ringlets. As I got older, (and my hair got longer) it got less curly. So now, it kind of has the 'beachy' look naturally, but a little curlier. It's always different. It never, ever ever looks the same. I style it the same everyday, but there's always something different. Since it's not super curly or super straight, it is very versatile meaning I can style it many different ways; curly, straight, wavy, beachy, etc. I have never colored it, and I don't plan to unless it's just on the ends. (Ombre, but very natural and on the lower ends, since it's naturally somewhat ombré.)




♡Everyday Hair Routine: When I wake up, I go straight to the bathroom and wet my hair. (Since school starts early, I normally take my showers at night and just wet it down in the tub in the morning) Next, I brush it out, getting rid of any tangles. (There are usually quite a few.) Then I take a squirt or to of Ringlets (07) by Redken and scrunch it into my hair. (I flip my head upside down) Then I use the Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam and do the same. After I've applied both of those products, I take my towel and scrunch my hair, to soak up extra water. Then I flip my hair back to normal and fluff it a little with my fingers and let it air dry while I do my makeup.
Once I'm done with my makeup it's usually pretty dry. If it's still damp, I will blow dry it a little bit, but not enough to really change the look or anything like that. (No round brushing or using a defuser or anything like that) Then I curl the pieces towards the front that aren't how I like. Since my hair is naturally curly in the back, it all blends together well.


Hopefully, I helped you if you were curious about my hair and how I style it/ what it's like naturally. If you are still curious and haven't seen my YouTube video on it, you can check it out here. 
If you have already watched it and you still have a question or anything, then feel free to leave a comment on this blog post or my video, I would love to hear from you! Thank youuu ♡ xx

~Emily :)

PS. If you like my bun in the first picture, and would like to see a video on it, then let me know :) The headband is from Wet Seal. :) Thanks again! :) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment